We have been informed that the issues below may occur if the Windows Security System (Windows Defender)’s [Controlled Folder Access] is turned on.
・Clip Studio cannot be installed, cannot be started.
・Tool settings cannot be saved
・“Unable to find file.” error displays and file cannot be saved
Issues confirmed in:
Note: Displayed items may vary depending on the Operating System.
Follow the methods below and see if the situation improves.
1. Select the [Windows Start] button, and click [Settings].
2. Select [Updates and Security].
3. On the left side of the screen, select [Windows Security] > [Open Windows Security].
4. Select [Virus & threat Protection].
5. From [Virus & threat Protection] settings, select [Manage settings].
6. Select [Manage Controlled folder access]
7. Switch [Controlled folder access setting] to Off
8. Uninstall Clip Studio Paint, then Clip Studio.
9. Reinstall Clip Studio Paint.