Now that I’m done inking, I go on to coloring.
 Adding the base colors
(1) I created a new layer folder under the “borders" folder and named it “colors”.
I will add coloring layers in this folder.
I made a new raster layer named “skin” and colored the skin using the [Fill] tool > [Refer other layers] sub tool.
Any missed areas or overflowing colors were adjusted with the [Marker] or [Eraser] tools.
The tool property settings of the [Refer other layers] sub tool are set to larger values than the initial settings.
I also turned on [Stop filling at center line of vector], because I drew on vector layers.
Note: For details on the [Fill] tool, please see the following TIPS.
(2) I continued to add colors, creating a layer in the “colors” folder for each part.
When painting, I group the same parts together regardless of the frame.
To make color correction easier, I made detailed layers for each part.
 Pasting action line materials
(1) I used an action line material for the third frame.
First, I selected the material pasting area using [Auto select] tool > [Refer other layers to select].
(2) This time, I used a “Gradation Flash”, which is included in the [Material] palette > [Monochromatic pattern] > [Effect and feeling] folder.
I dragged and dropped the material onto the canvas to paste it.
When dragged and dropped, areas outside of the selection area will be masked.
(3) I used the [Object] tool to adjust the position of the pasted material.
The size and position can be adjusted using the material’s corner handles or the [Tool Property] palette.
(4) After repositioning, I selected the layer mask thumbnail (shown in red below) next to the material layer and erased any unnecessary parts with the [Eraser].
(5) The space between the hair wasn’t selected properly in step (1), so I did the opposite of step (4) and unmasked this area using the [Fill] tool on the layer mask.
I also used the [Eraser] tool to erase where the material was overlapping with the panic marks and make them white.
(6) Finally, I changed the color of the action lines by clicking [Layer Color] on the [Layer Properties] palette.
This changed the color of the material. I decided to change the color from the default light blue.
By clicking the colored grid next to the [Layer color], I can apply the current drawing color.
I changed the color from blue to orange, then moved the material layer to the top of the “colors” folder.
(7) Then I changed the color on the first frame’s effect lines as well by selecting the “effects” layer in the “borders” folder and changing the [Layer color].
In the next part, I’ll add colors and adjust the border lines.